The USGA Senate met for a special meeting on Tuesday night in room 318 of the Hill Center to approve the unopposed candidate running for the vacant Executive Vice President seat.
- USGA Senate voted unanimously to appoint Michayla Jeremiah, former Vice Chairperson of the Senate, to Executive Vice President.
- The Senate has vacant seats in five different schools. The Senate will post to social media regarding these vacancies on September 1st. Applications will close in two weeks. Then applicants come to a Senate meeting and give a two minute presentation and Q&A. After all candidates have given presentations, the Senate will decide who fills the vacancies.
- Freshman Forum applications close on Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
- Parking Amnesty Day, where students can get their parking tickets waived up to $30, will take place in the first week of November.
- The USGA Senate Advisor Mary Wallace, in response to concerns of students being on campus amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, said that the University is ready at any time to become virtual again. She further stated that the University’s top priority is to “have a safe environment on campus” and that “the vaccine is the best defense against the virus.”