Aura Submission Guidelines
1. All entries should be submitted through the form linked below.
2. The following formatting must be used:
• All text entries MUST be submitted as Word or files.
• Include your name on every page of the work.
• Length: No more than 2,500 words per submission
• You may submit up to five written works.
• Art submissions may have a maximum of five works per submission.
• All Art submissions should be submitted as a jpg.
3. As we are focusing on the voices of our community, submitters must have lived in the Southeast of the United States.
4. Any piece submitted to Aura is expected to be the creator’s own original work. Any submissions that do not meet this standard will not be published. Any artist that knowingly tries to submit work that is not their own will not be published and will not be allowed to submit to Aura for two semesters.
5. No previously published material can be submitted to Aura for publication consideration unless the previous journal of publication stated otherwise. Submitters are responsible in this situation for notifying Aura of the submission’s previous publication, upon submission. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but submitter must notify Aura immediately if the submission is published elsewhere, so the submission can be removed for consideration of publication in Aura.
For any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected].
Submissions due February 1, 2023.