We had a wonderful time with Tina Mozelle Braziel as she read and lead us in a writing workshop! Below is the prompt she lead us through:
Start with a list of things that have brought you comfort in the pandemic.
Then answer these about one or more of them:
• Where you first encountered it
• What you associate with it
• How you felt about it before the pandemic and how you feel about it now
• How your relationship with it may look in the future
Then use Tina’s “To Season” as a guide to write your own poem…
• First write a praise phrase like “Now let me praise parsley, the pause of leaf,”
• then a sensory phrase “like on the 99 cent Stuckey’s breakfast plate,”
• then a second praise (maybe about the first time you saw it),
• then praise it again or praise something else connected–note if those connections bring something new out,
• then you could address what you are writing about or something similar, maybe demand something, ask a question, thank/praise it directly…
Email us at email@example.com if you would like access to the workshop recording!